Created in 2012, Hyde’s Town Team is a totally independent organisation, made up of volunteers from many sections of the community, including churches, community groups, voluntary organisations, partner community organisations, retailers, service providers and experts, who give their time freely to work together to reinvigorate our town centre, care about its future and want to make a positive difference.
But we can’t work in isolation. We’d like as many people as possible to get involved, so if you want to help make Hyde a better place for everyone, we’d love to hear from you. We believe that by bringing as many of these groups and organisations together, our town of Hyde will amount to much more than the sum of its parts.
The Town Team constitution sets out its vision for Hyde as:
- An energized and regenerated Hyde, existing as a thriving, vibrant, economically prosperous market town.
- A diverse community that works together, sharing a strong sense of civic pride.
- A community which harnesses the talents of its people, creativity, entrepreneurship and passion – to make sustainable changes.
- A community which works in partnership and collaboration with other interested parties who have an involvement in Hyde’s future.
Successes to date
- Agreed, funded and will administer this website that will also link into other appropriate websites as well hosting a business directory promoting the businesses in Hyde.
- Successfully applied for a grant to fund an information leaflet to promote the Town, businesses and community events and groups.
- Produced a long term vision for Hyde that is designed to improve the survival of the Town Centre in the future given the current rate of decline in the traditional high street.
- Created in collaboration with Markets and local entrepreneurs, a monthly pop-up Artisan Market which regularly draws huge crowds whilst showcasing local talent.
- Ran a successful Food Bank and organised Christmas trees on the front of shops in the Town Centre at Christmas.
- Successfully worked with the Council to provide additional on-street parking
- Produce an annual coordinated events programme consolidating everything that is happening in Hyde.
- Established a working relationship with both national retailers who liaise with the other nationals within the Town Centre and the Clarendon Shopping Centre management.
- Regularly hold successful fundraising table top sales on the market ground.
- Work within the Council guidelines to display banners, bunting and hanging baskets on the new civic square to enhance the Market ambience
- Arrange an annual programme of large community events designed to entertainment and encourage town centre visits in an attempt to increase footfall.
If you would like to know more, or would like to meet the team, please email us on email@example.com or arrange to come along come along to one of our monthly meetings, …you’ll be made very welcome.